Dr. Meeks is a member of the Medical Societies of Madison County and State of New York, the American College of Sports Medicine, American Medical Association, and the New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons. While at medical school, Dr. Meeks was selected as a Summer Research Fellow by the Student Research Committee and was a member of the Gibson Anatomical Honor Society.
While in college, Dr. Meeks was a varsity track and all-conference cross-country athlete, Chairman of the Student Judicial Board and campus newspaper sportswriter. He currently enjoys downhill and cross-country skiing, bicycling, archery, camping and fishing with his young family and coaching soccer. He joined Hamilton Orthopaedics in 1990 and has served as Chief of Surgery, President and Vice President of the Medical Staff and board member at Community Memorial Hospital. Dr. Meeks is a team physician for the Morrisville State College sports program and serves on the Institutional Review Board at Morrisville State College. He also serves on the Board of the Partnership for Community Development and is a founding member of the Optimist Club of Hamilton.
A graduate of Newfane Central High School in Newfane, NY, Dr. Meeks is married to the former Ellen Hesler of Canastota, NY. They reside in Hamilton with their sons Brendon, Daniel and Brian.
1975 – 1979
- B.S., Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Allegheny College
1979 – 1980
- School of Dentistry, Ohio State University
1980 – 1981
- Hospital/ER Orderly at Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center and volunteer at Niagara County Migrant Rural Health Clinic
1981 – 1985
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha, with highest honors
1985 – 1986
- Internship in General Surgery, Upstate Medical Center
1986 – 1990
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York Health Science Center of Syracuse
- Started professional career at Hamilton Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery