Phase 1: POD 1-4 weeks
- NWB with brace locked in extension.
- Unlock brace for range of motion exercise only.
- Unlock brace at 2 weeks full time .
- NWB PROM and AAROM.
- Quad sets with progression to SLR as tolerated.
- Hamstring and gastrocsoleus stretch.
- Patellar mobilization.
Phase 2: 4-6 weeks
- Progress gait WBAT such that FWB at 6 weeks.
- Continue NWB PROM and AROM.
- Stationary bike.
Phase 3: 6-8 weeks
- D/C brace.
- Progress to FWB.
- Start closed chain strengthening and proprioception with bilateral lower extremity support. (i.e. wall squats, leg press, balance board).
Phase 4: 8-12 weeks
- Progress closed chain strengthening and proprioception to single leg support (i.e. step ups, single leg balance).
- Dynamic stretching.
Phase 5: 12-16 weeks
- Light treadmill jogging.
- Continue strengthening and proprioception.
Phase 6: 16+ weeks
- Progress running.
- Agility drills.